THE ORIGINAL EUROPEAN JU JITSU / JU JITSU UNION
MISSION AND RULES
The Original European Ju Jitsu / Ju Jitsu Union
GM Professor Dr Javier Galan Vasquez, 10th Dan Hanshi
Welcome to the official European Ju Jitsu / Ju Jitsu Union website. Our primary mission is to fully promote the Original European Ju Jitsu / Ju Jitsu Union which was founded by the Reverend Dr Vernon C.F. Bell. In the vision of our great Founder and now through our President, Javier Galan Vasquez – it is our desire and goal to foster and encourage the true ‘Way of the Warrior’ (Budo) whilst being ever respectful and mindful of all martial arts styles on a worldwide basis.
With this in mind, the EJJU is also open to all martial artists and martial art styles outside of Ju Jitsu too. All are welcome to respectfully apply for membership into the EJJU who will always respectfully work together in harmony with us at all times. Our organisation is fully recognised as an international governing body for Ju Jitsu by the elite United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO). Thus all members can rest assured that their EJJU qualifications are fully recognised worldwide.
We look forward to receiving communications from interested individuals, styles and organisations in the near future and welcoming you into our EJJU family. Thank you for your valued time, support and interest in our distinguished organisation.
1. Anyone wishing to apply for EJJU membership must provide us with all legitimate Dan grade
certificates and full contact details, history of teachers, grades and organisations.
2. The same rules apply for any applicants holding titles such as Sensei, Renshi, Shihan, Kyoshi,
Hanshi and Soke, etc
3. We will promote events and seminars globally on request and will pass on all information to our
members and member organisations within the EJJU.
4. The EJJU is a non-profit organization - so membership is free at this point in time. Members
wishing to purchase any EJJU materials (budo passports, license books, badges, proofs or
certificates, etc) will be charged nominal fees for the same.
5. The EJJU will always maintain and uphold the fundamental beliefs and tenets of our late GM
the Reverend Dr Vernon C.F. Bell, 10th Dan Hanshi within the true ‘Spirit of Budo’ at all times.
6. All new members serve a probationary period of 3 months. If there are no problems – then full
EJJU membership is given.
7. All Representatives and members must wear EJJU Badge on the left side of the Gi jacket.
8. Dan grade and rank examinations can only be taken with the full authority and permission from
President Vasquez for all members under the EJJU.
9. Any certificates for Dan, Instructor, Training Licenses or Titles of Honour – must only be issued
from the EJJU Headquarters with the President’s official Signature affixed to it.
10. Membership must be renewed on an annual basis.
11. No EJJU members can issue any Dan ranks,Titles of Honour or senior grades whatsoever without the full authority and permission from the President. Only the EJJU President can agree full recognition for any Dan ranks, Titles or Styles at all times.
IMPORTANT: If any of the above Rules are broken or not accepted – then EJJU membership will be terminated with immediate effect.
Please carefully read the EJJU ‘Powers of Authority’ Clause directly below:-
**** ALL COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVES & DELEGATES ****
LEGAL EJJU ‘POWERS OF AUTHORITY’ CLAUSE
NO EJJU ‘COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE / DELEGATE has ‘ANY POWER OF AUTHORITY’ whatsoever to SIGN or ISSUE ANY CERTIFICATES on behalf of the EJJU at any time – WITHOUT the FULL ‘WRITTEN PERMISSION & AUTHORITY’ of the EJJU PRESIDENT –
GM Professor Dr Francisco Javier Galan Vasquez, 10th Dan Hanshi, Kancho.
ANYONE found breaking this RULE – WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE NAMED & EXPELLED FROM THE EJJU !!